MSN in Nursing Education
Nurse educators are tasked with an important job: to teach and motivate nurses of the future. As an individual with a nursing background, you may find that you enjoy teaching nurses and sharing your knowledge with others. Plus, nurse educators typically express a high level of satisfaction with their work, saying that helping students build their confidence and skills, and providing them with mentorship, is nothing less than rewarding.1 If you aim to encourage, educate, and shape the future of those in the nursing field, pursuing a Master of Science in Nursing with Nursing Education concentration may be your logical next step.
Advantages to CTU's Nursing Education Program
- Can be completed in as little as 19.5 months
- Curriculum offered 100% online excluding practicum
- Potential to complete your practicum hours at employment site
- Aligned to nursing industry standards and competencies
- Tuition cost of $17,760
MSN program goals:
- Employ leadership skills to improve the quality of care in a variety of healthcare settings
- Integrate advanced nursing and science knowledge into practice
Ranked Among the Best Online Nursing Programs
日本一本道a不卡免费CTU’s online Master of Science in Nursing degree programs are ranked among the Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs by U.S. News and World Report.*
* Several CTU programs are ranked among U.S. News & World Report’s 2019 best online programs list.
Relevant Institutional/Programmatic Accreditation
CTU is institutionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission www.hlcommission.org
日本一本道a不卡免费 The Master of Science in Nursing degree program at Colorado Technical University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education ()
- February 18, 2020
- April 07, 2020
- May 19, 2020
With Colorado Technical University's MSN program, you will not only take advanced courses in evidence-based practice, health promotion and health policy, and informatics, but you will also have the opportunity to learn about innovative teaching practices in the practice and virtual learning environments.
Choosing Nursing Education
CTU offers MSN concentrations in nursing administration and nursing education. The MSN-NE is geared toward those who want to pursue a career in teaching. Reports of shortages in the nurse education community began in 20022 and since then, due to the lack of nursing educators, nursing programs have had limited growth.3 That said, job opportunities for nurse instructors and teachers at the post-secondary level are expected to grow by 19.3 percent (that’s 13,200 new positions) from 2014 to 2024.4
Expanding Your Nursing Knowledge
日本一本道a不卡免费To take the first steps toward MSN enrollment at CTU, you'll need to have an unencumbered US RN license as well as a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
Core education. In the core nursing courses of your graduate-level degree, you will have the opportunity to learn about informatics, health promotion, evidence-based practice, theory and more. There are six courses to be taken as part of the core education, which include:
- Advanced Nursing Practices
- Integrating Theory and Research for Evidence-Based Practicee
- Healthcare Informatics and Technologies
- Policy and Politics in Nursing and Healthcare
- Promoting and Preserving Health in a Diverse Society
- Nursing Capstone
Concentration. In the nursing education concentration, you will complete seven courses designed to help you learn more about how to instruct students in their nursing education and how to assess them on their learning. Some of these classes include:
- Assessment and Evaluation Strategies
- Curriculum Development and Design
- Innovative Teaching Strategies
日本一本道a不卡免费There also are two practicum courses to complete as part of the area of concentration. These experiential learning experiences are 60 hours each, for a total of 120 hours in total, and provide the opportunity to try out your teaching skills, including in a virtual environment. Finally, you will complete an MSN capstone project that is designed to help you to encapsulate all of the knowledge you have gained throughout the program in a final project.Contact an Admissions Advisor for additional information
Estimate your costs, potential savings and graduation date
Course Title Course Description Credit Hours NRSG610 Advanced Nursing Practice 4 NRSG612 Integrating Theory and Research for Evidence-Based Practice 4 NRSG615 Healthcare Informatics and Technologies 4 NRSG617 Policy and Politics in Nursing and Healthcare 4 NRSG625 Promoting and Preserving Health in a Diverse Society 4 NRSG640 MSN Capstone 4 Total Credit Hours: 24
Course Title Course Description Credit Hours NRSG Advanced Pathopharmacology & Physical Assessment for the Nurse Educator A 2 NRSG Advanced Pathopharmacology & Physical Assessment for the Nurse Educator B 2 NRSG633 Innovative Teaching Strategies 4 NRSG634 Curriculum Development and Design 4 NRSG635 Assessment and Evaluation Strategies 4 NRSG636 Applying Nursing Education Principles in Practice & Virtual Environments 4 NRSG637 Application of QSEN in the Advanced Nursing Role 4 Total Credit Hours: 24
Total Credit Hours: 48
Estimate Tuition and Grad Date
日本一本道a不卡免费Total tuition for the MSN-NE will vary depending on your educational needs, existing experience, and many other factors.Estimate your costs, potential savings and graduation date
Ways to Save
Cost of this degree may be reduced based on one or more of the following:
MSN program outcomes:
- Synthesize knowledge from nursing and a variety of sciences in diverse settings for the purpose of improving nursing care
- Apply organizational and systems leadership concepts to promote quality patient care
- Evaluate performance improvement processes designed for the purpose of providing quality patient care
- Apply research outcomes and evidence-based practice to recommendations for improved patient care
- Synthesize health policy processes established for the advocacy of quality healthcare
- Integrate interprofessional collaboration to the management of patient and population health outcomes
- Apply organizational, client-centered, and culturally appropriate concepts to clinical prevention and population care to identified populations
MSN Nursing Education outcomes:
- Utilize pedagogical principles to develop, design, and revise an innovative nursing curriculum that promotes quality and safety in the delivery of nursing care and education.
- Critique curricular assessment and evaluation strategies to ensure optimal learner outcomes are achieved.
- Demonstrate clinical expertise through the synthesis of evidence from nursing and other sciences in preparation and delivery of nursing education to a diverse population of learners.
Admission to this program requires an unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the United States. All students must maintain this licensure throughout the program of study.
Students must have graduated from a regionally accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program. A minimum CGPA of 3.0 at the bachelor’s or higher level from an accredited college of nursing is required.
Prior to starting the nursing program all applicants must submit an unofficial or official copy of college transcript from their BSN degree for review. Applicants to the Master of Science in Nursing degree program who meet all general admission requirements, but who have a CGPA for the BSN degree between 2.75 to 2.99, may be granted provisional admission. Students must successfully complete their first two MSN courses with a minimum of 3.0 GPA to be granted full admission to the nursing program or be administratively withdrawn.
At this time, Colorado Technical University cannot accept inquiries for the Master of Science in Nursing program from residents of the states of Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, Tennessee, Utah, Washington, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
Where do I go from here?
日本一本道a不卡免费Choosing to continue your education is a big decision and we're here to help. Choose one of the options below to get started.
Submit your details and speak to an admissions advisor within the next day:
Submit a no-fee online application. An advisor will get in touch after your application is received to schedule an interview (required before enrolling):
日本一本道a不卡免费Program details are provided after the form.